Saturday, January 21, 2012

Project 366: Week 3

Not many highlights to end the third week in January. January tends to be a pretty dreary month. It may possibly be my least favorite month of the year. Old Man Winters has made his entrance and he is a beast. I can't stand the cold. Along with the cold this week, we've also had rain so that's made it no fun! We've had some excitement with our camper. Everyday when we'd come home from work the radio would be on. At first, because we had it unlocked, I started thinking that maybe a homeless person had taken up residence...but then we started locking it and it never failed, everyday the empty camper would be jammin' out to Rock 93.3. FINALLY last night we decided to take a closer look at what in the world could possibly be going on and discovered that we think the timer was set from the previous owners. Sooooo, mystery solved?? I don't know. I guess we'll see this afternoon if the radio decides to come on or not. :) Now on to the daily photos:
Day 15: Lunch for the boys....Hot Octodogs. :) I got this cute idea from Pinterest. Who on earth with any creative skills or kids doesn't like Pinterest? E must have been a little weirded out and pretty much ignored his lunch. K loved it though!

Day 16: I've taken on a new obsession. hehehe. If I'm not doing one thing then I'm doing another. This was my first attempt and it turned out pretty well. I call it my valentine scarf. I've since moved on to a more neutral scarf for myself and I'm already thinking Christmas presents for next year too. Scarves, hats, socks, oh my...

Day 17: K checking out his new "nightlight." I put these on his wall before he got home from school the other day. He loved them! I do too. They look pretty neat in contrast with his bright red wall.

Day 18: My boys are complete opposites in so many ways and I love it. Blonde hair/Dark hair. Fair skin/Tan skin. Cupcakes and Cookies/Fresh fruit and veggies. Somewhat outgoing/Extremely shy. Loves to dance and cut a rug/Loves to play video games and watch movies.

Day 19: This was a bit of an irritation of mine this week. I went up to a blood drive and was turned away because they were going to be leaving in 8 minutes. I was a little peeved at the time but even more peeved when I left the store almost 30 minutes later and the bus still sat there. I understand they have families and want to go home but I also think there are other families who are in desperate need of blood donations and in the 30 minutes of their down time they could have easily managed to get my donation and leave. Okay, off my soapbox.

Day 20: Friday at the gym. My Kindle, music, and time are all I need for a good workout. I managed 4.49 miles before heading back to work. Today marks two weeks and two days since I've started and I've lost a total of 2.8lbs.

That's all for this week. I haven't been feeling great this morning, it's cold and rainy outside, and Aaron has to work ALL day. It could be the potential for a very long Saturday but I'm sure I'll find something for the boys and myself to get into. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the red wall! If only my mother had been cool enough to let me paint at least 1 wall of my bedroom red! And the stars! Glow in the dark? So cool!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "oceanic" hotdog cracks me up! (You are such a fun Mama.) And, I'm so thankful you give blood. Me and my 4 men are all the very rare "Type O".

    ReplyDelete